Breast Reconstruction Beverly Hills
Breast reconstruction is the best and only solution when scars, deformities, or complications from earlier surgeries need to be corrected. Double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. J understands that the appearance of breasts is a highly sensitive matter that can have a profound effect on a patient’s self-image. For those who want outstanding care provided by an internationally known physician renowned for his skill and compassionate approach, Dr. J is the right plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills.
Why You Might Get Breast Reconstruction
Breast reconstruction covers a variety of procedures aimed at correcting blemishes and deformities, most of which may be associated with a prior procedure. Reconstruction can improve or eliminate issues associated with the following:
- Capsular contracture– a complication following breast augmentation in which the tissue around a breast implant becomes excessively hard.
- A waterfall deformity, sometimes also called a “Snoopy” deformity, in which breast tissue may droop over the implant, creating a downward, sloping appearance
- Excessive or highly conspicuous scarring following a breast procedure.
- Double bubble, a deformity that occurs after breast augmentation surgery when an implant is lower than a patient’s pre-existing inframammary fold (breast crease) and indents the lower section of the breast.
- Bottoming out of breast implants (i.e., when implants have dropped too low).
Breast Reconstruction Options
Because multiple issues cause patients to seek out breast reconstruction procedures, there are also multiple treatments. They include:
For excessive scarring that doesn’t respond to topical creams and other simple approaches, the doctor may suggest injecting steroids into the scar tissue. Applying silicone strips to flatten raised scars and, in some cases, surgically removing the most visibly scarred portions of the skin.
Capsular contracture and implant-related deformities are typically treated by removing the original implant, cleaning out the pocket, removing the scar tissue (capsulectomy) and then replacing it with a new implant, if desired.
Because of the widely varying types of breast reconstruction procedures, details regarding recovery also tend to vary widely. Complete recovery following procedures to remove and replace implants may take as long as a year.
Working with Dr. J
Beverly Hills and the Greater Los Angeles area are among the world’s most competitive locales for plastic surgeons. Dr. J has emerged as an all-around leader in perhaps the most demanding of all medical specialties. Double board-certified in both plastic and general surgery, Dr. J has earned an international following thanks to countless delighted former patients, including many who rave about the doctor’s work via five star reviews on social media sites like Yelp and RealSelf.
If you are interested in additional information about breast reconstruction or any other type procedure with Dr. J, we encourage you to contact our office and schedule a consultation today.