Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift in Beverly Hills
For patients who want a fully revived bosom, breast augmentation with a breast lift in Beverly Hills from Dr. J is the gold standard. Known for stunning breast surgery outcomes that speak for themselves, the doctor has attracted patients from around the world who are unhappy with the size, volume, shape, and position of their breasts.
Why You Might Get a Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift
For patients who are primarily concerned with the size of their breasts, a simple breast augmentation may be sufficient. However, for many others, it is not enough. That’s because, as time passes and the body’s production of estrogen starts to slow down, not only does breast volume decrease but sagging (ptosis) increases and the breasts tend to drop lower.* Breast augmentation can restore lost volume and partly rejuvenate the appearance of the breasts. By itself, however, it does nothing to defeat sagging caused by lost elasticity in the skin related to aging, fluctuations in breast size, and weakening of ligaments.
Adding Mastopexy to the Mix
That’s when mastopexy, aka breast lift surgery, is needed to remove sagging skin and reposition the breasts. Mastopexy on its own will improve the shape and position of the breast but will generally result in a smaller-sized breast. When combined with augmentation, however, patients can enjoy the beautifully proportioned voluptuous appearance they’ve always dreamed of.
Both breast augmentation and breast lifts boast extremely high satisfaction rates, as shown by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. When performed together, not surprisingly, patients often find their improvements overwhelming. Examples of these outcomes can be seen on Dr. J’s page of breast augmentation/mastopexy outcomes.
About the Procedures
These are performed using one of the following four techniques:
- Transferred Body Fat. Most people equate breast augmentation with implants but using body fat taken from the patient through liposuction is an outstanding option for women who only want a modest increase in size and volume. As with the fat-transfer technique used in Dr. J’s widely praised Natural Butt Lift®, the results can be extremely attractive while also feeling and looking extremely natural. There are, however, two important limitations:
- Fat transfer can increase the size of a breast by a maximum of just one cup size;
- Patients must have sufficient body fat for Dr. J to use in the procedure.
- Silicone Implants. Typically the best choice for patients who want more of an hourglass-style figure. Available in a wide range of sizes, when used by a plastic surgeon of Dr. J’s caliber, standard silicone implants can look beautiful while fooling even very savvy observers. They are available in varying degrees of thickness and cohesion. In most cases, Dr. J will make a recommendation of which type of silicone implant is best based on the patient’s preferences and needs.
- Saline Implants. Comprised of a silicone casing filled with a salt-water solution, some patients may feel safer with this option since this kind of liquid is naturally found in the body. Unfortunately, these kinds of implants are actually somewhat more likely to leak compared to silicone implants. Many patients also decide against this option because water-based implants tend to feel harder to the touch and tend to look more artificial. They are also more prone to unsightly ripples and wrinkles compared to silicone-filled implants.
Mastopexy is performed just before implants are placed. Depending on the shape of the breasts, and the degree to which they have drooped, Dr. J will choose from four possible incision patterns. These include:
- Crescent-shaped incisions lift and relocate the nipple/areola complex. Dr. J uses these incisions as part of his scarless breast lift.
- Circumareolar lift incisions that form concentric circles around the nipple/areola to reduce visible scarring. Often referred to as a donut lift, this option is also included in Dr. J’s breast augmentation with a scarless breast lift.
- A lollipop procedure, where the incision is around the areola and vertical toward the crease of the breast.
- An inverted T scar, also known as an anchor scar incision, is best when there is greater sagging and breasts require the most powerful and dramatic type of lift.
Once the incision has been made, either silicone or saline implants are inserted. If it’s a crescent lift or circumareolar, the implants are placed through the areola. If the procedure is using the lollipop approach, Dr. J places the implants using the same incision without adding any extra scars. Dr. J places the implants via the same incisions made for the lift. He then closes the incisions and the surgery is complete.
Fat-transfer-based procedures are performed similarly. First, however, an appropriate amount of unwanted fat must be drawn from elsewhere in the body via liposuction and then purified before being reintroduced to the body.
In cases of de novo (first-time) breast augmentations, Dr. J may sometimes use Strattice™. Often used in reconstructive procedures, this is a leading-edge tissue-based structure that supports the implants in a manner that resembles an internal bra that has been associated with numerous benefits.
Procedures are typically performed on an outpatient basis at Dr. J’s Platinum Surgical Center.
After a patient is cleared to leave the surgery center, they may be taken to their residence by a friend or relative. Patients need to arrange to have someone stay with them the night after the procedure. In some cases, patients may be well-advised to spend the night at an aftercare facility.
Before a patient leaves the center, Dr. J will prescribe a course of antibiotics to prevent infection and pain medication as needed. Patients will be given detailed instructions on what they need to do during the recovery period to ensure the best outcomes.
Patients will need to rest for about one to two weeks following surgery before resuming their routine. In addition, they should avoid any strenuous activity for about three to six weeks or as directed by Dr. J.
Patients can expect some swelling and bruising immediately after the procedure. These symptoms should start to resolve over a few weeks and patients will begin to see their results. Healing will usually need to continue for a few months, however, before all of the results are apparent.
The Complete Plastic Surgeon
Dr. J – also known as Payam Jarrah-Nejad, M.D., F.I.C.S., F.A.C.S. — is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. To maximize his ability, he also maintains his certification in general surgery from the American Board of Surgery to ensure that he is always able to do his best work by using the most complex techniques that limit bleeding and speed recovery.
The doctor is widely praised for his sculptural and holistic approach to both the science and art of plastic surgery. Dr. J is dedicated to a holistic approach that seeks to flatter the patient’s overall appearance – not just a particular area of their body.
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation with a breast lift or any other procedure with Dr. we want to hear from you. Reach out to schedule an appointment with Dr. J now.
* “Age-Related Breast Changes: What You Should Know,” WebMD, reviewed in 2021.