Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift in Beverly Hills
For patients who want a fully revived bosom, breast augmentation with breast lift in Beverly Hills from Dr. J is the gold standard. Payam Jarrah-Nejad, M.D., F.I.C.S., F.A.C.S., as he is more formally known, regularly earns five-star raves from former patients and his online galleries show stunning breast surgery outcomes that speak for themselves. Women from around the world unhappy with the size, volume, shape, and position of their breasts have turned to the Los Angeles area’s leading plastic surgeon and have been consistently delighted with their results.
Why You Might Get a Breast Augmentation with Breast Lift
Breast augmentation with a breast lift is one of the most popular combinations of plastic surgery in Beverly Hills and worldwide. Breast augmentations add size and volume but they don’t address issues such as sagging. If you feel your breasts require not only more size but a better position and shape, then getting a breast lift in addition to augmentation can produce spectacular results.
About the Procedures
- Breast augmentations usually employ either silicone or saline breast implants. These are available in a wide variety of sizes and shapes that allow Dr. J to do the best possible work. In some cases, however, women may prefer a fat transfer technique that uses unwanted fat from elsewhere in the body. These procedures can produce outstanding outcomes but they are best for women who only want a modest increase in the size of their breasts.
- Breast lifts (mastopexy) have long been obtained by women who may have sagging or deflated-looking breasts caused by age, genetics, and/or changes in size during and after pregnancy. They typically remove excess skin while also raising the position of breasts. Without augmentation, however, they will likely reduce the size of the breasts.
By themselves, breast augmentation or breast lifts can create dramatic improvements but, when performed together, Dr. J is able to fully transform a woman’s bust. These surgeries each boast extremely high satisfaction rates on their own. When performed together, patients often find that the improvements are overwhelming. (For even more impact, the surgeries can be performed with other body contouring procedures as part of a mommy makeover.)
How the Procedures Work
Because Dr. J is performing two separate surgeries, the breast augmentation with breast lift process is more complex than obtaining an individual surgery and may differ more from patient to patient. The basic pattern, however, remains largely the same.
The breast lift portion of the procedure is performed first. In the course of surgery, the breasts will be reshaped and the nipple/areola complex, as doctors call it, will typically be raised. Depending on the shape of the breasts, and the degree to which they have drooped, Dr. J will choose from several possible incision patterns. These include:
- Crescent-shaped incisions to relocate the nipple/areola complex.
- Circumareolar lift incisions that form concentric circles around the nipple/areola to reduce visible scarring. Often referred to as a “donut” lift, this option is known as Dr. J’s breast augmentation with a scarless breast lift.
- A vertical scar breast lift, also referred to as a “lollipop” procedure, where the incision is around the areola and vertical toward the crease of the breast.
- An “inverted T scar,” also known as an anchor scar incision, is best when breasts require the most powerful and dramatic type of lift.
Once the incision has been made, either silicone or saline implants are inserted. If it’s crescent lift or circumareolar (both scarless) the implants are placed through the areola instead of inframammary (via the lower breast folds). Dr. J then closes the incision and the surgery is complete.
Fat-transfer-based procedures are performed in a somewhat similar manner. First, however, an appropriate amount of unwanted fat must be drawn from elsewhere in the body via liposuction. The fat is then purified and placed inside the breast, allowing Dr. J to sculpt a beautiful outcome that looks and feels completely natural.
Procedures are typically performed on an outpatient basis at Dr. J’s Platinum Surgical Center.
After patients are cleared to leave the surgery center, they may be taken to their residence by a friend or relative. Patients need to arrange to have someone stay with them the night after the procedure. In some cases, patients may be well-advised to spend the night at an aftercare facility.
Before a patient leaves the center, Dr. J will prescribe a course of antibiotics to prevent infection and pain medication as needed. Patients will be given detailed instructions on what they need to do during the recovery period to ensure the best outcomes
Patients will need to rest for about one to two weeks following surgery before resuming their routine. In addition, they should avoid any strenuous activity for about three to six weeks or as directed by Dr. J.
Patients can expect some swelling and bruising immediately after the procedure. These symptoms should start to resolve over a few weeks and patients will begin to see their results. Healing will usually need to continue for a few months, however, before all of the results are apparent.
The Complete Plastic Surgeon
Dr. J is double board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. It’s somewhat unusual for plastic surgeons to be certified in general surgery in addition to plastic surgery. Dr. J believes, however, that maintaining both certifications gives him the complete mastery of surgical techniques he needs to do the best work possible.
Dr. J is widely praised for his sculptural and holistic approach to both the science and art of plastic surgery. His goal is always to flatter the patient’s overall appearance – not just a particular area of the body.
Ready for Better Breasts?
If you would like to learn more about breast augmentation with breast lift, or any other procedures, the next step is to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. J. For more information, please call the phone number on your screen or visit our contact page.